Get a template. You already use old documents as templates all the time. Make it a little more formal. It isn’t that much more to it. Next time you sit down to do that report, newsletter, letter anything, take a moment and do this: create a labeled document.
By taking the time to do this you are doing a number of things.
- You are being consistent in your document
- You are creating a style, a consistent look and feel
- You are setting the standard for others to follow
- You are putting the professional polish on your work
- You might even be able to pass this task on to someone else